Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Love of Jesus

It surely helps me to try to visualize the experience I am reading about – Jesus, the crowd of people, and then the bold action of a man with leprosy.  That just wasn’t the way such a person was expected to act – for he was to keep his distance from others due to his disease. 

“Go to the priest,” said Jesus.  I notice again how often references in the New Testament go back to lessons from the Old Testament.

Yes, I recall that little rhyme:

“The New is in the Old concealed; The Old is in the New revealed.”

I’ve often wondered: how many folks came to Jesus for help who weren’t “quite the kind” we’d expect – non-religious, outcasts.  And notice those who “felt so religious” who often rejected Jesus.

AND YET, JESUS LOVED THEM.

v. 20 He didn’t really have “a place to lay His head”.  I get sort of emotional as I think of that, especially in contrast to all that I/we have.

He gave up so much to come down to earth to be with us and help us.

 

Donald E. Pardun

No comments: