Monday, March 26, 2007

Tell Me Again

Luke 7:11-35

"Should we keep looking for someone else?"

Yes, John, ask it for all of us! Ask it for me. Do I really know that I know that I know that Jesus is the One? Just tell me again Jesus that You are the answer, my answer, promised Messiah, the One who makes me right with God.

In our reading today, we hear Jesus' affirmation, "I tell you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John." Not Luther? Nor St. Patrick? Not Billy G. or St. Theresa?! No, none greater than John. And yet, just verses before we see John call his own disciples and send them to Jesus to ask Him, "Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?" (vv. 19,20)

Should we keep looking for someone else?

The greatest who ever lived, who KNEW Jesus was the One when he baptized Him in the Jordan!, the one who even as an unborn child FELT it in his gut and leaped for joy that he was in presence of the Divine! -- still like me, with evidence completely enveloping me (v22) that Jesus is who He says He is, please Jesus today, at your Supper, this Easter morning... just tell me again.

-PPaul

PS: It can get a bit lonely in the cyberspace land of blogging. Like a middle-of-the-night radio host, you might wonder, "is anyone tuned-in out there". The blog search engine tells us that hundreds are logging on to read this blog, and people not just from the Chippewa Valley in Wisconsin, but occasionally other places around the country, some from Europe, a couple from Australia & Africa, a bunch from Asia(!). We can't see who you are, but we'd sure love to hear from you, all of you near and far. Please click the 'comment' to send us a line or two. Welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pastor! Just this morning, I was telling God that I felt like a little piece of garlic in a big bowl of mashed potatoes - the world seems a mushy place and I am too small. I asked Him how my life puzzle looks from His angle. His response: you look just fine - I'm in control. Jesus is still Jesus! Chris S.

Anonymous said...

Here- here P. Paul! As one of the writers it would be wonderful to have someone offer a comment or encouragement to this work. I am sure that every person who is writing is often thinking-"What can I possibly say that would be new, interesting or worthwhile?" But God is the author here and not us as writers. We are His key board. What is so amazing to me is that there is so much to say about so much that we may feel we have read many times before. There is something new in each word, each phrase. When you work with it, God enlightens your thoughts and hones your eyes to see. I hope that everyone who is reading is enjoying, growing and learning. I know from my own experience that this has been a real enrichment in faith to reread this scritpture from beginning to end. The word does set you on fire.

Andy said...

Hi P. Paul!
I'm late with my reading this week, but I wanted to say that I've found the online blog a great compliment to my daily reading. I enjoy reading it and thinking/praying about it and then reading what someone else got out of the same passage. Anyway, know that I enjoy everyone's writings and that I think it's a great thing!
Andy