Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wedding at Cana

Remember that Jesus enjoys sharing our joyous times in life.  Vs. 5 -  “Do whatever He tells you to do.”  We need to seek to apply those words to the many experiences of our lives.  Vs. 11 – The first time Jesus revealed His glory.  Vs. 12 – Jesus goes home to spend time with His mother, brothers and disciples.  Note: no mention is made of Joseph.  The traditional belief is that he had died years before this.  Vs. 13 – Passover.  You may want to review this great event in Jewish history (see Exodus 12 and other references).  Remember the innocent lamb was slain.  John 1:29 (said about Jesus), “Behold the Lamb of God…!”  Vs. 23, 24 – People began to trust Him, YET human nature was weak.  Vs. 25 – Jesus knew their hearts THEN and He knows our hearts NOW!  How and what do you feel (both good and also upsetting) because of this truth?

 

Donald E. Pardun

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus knew and knows my heart. I place the dividing line 30 years ago when I accepted Him as my Savior. He knew me then - when I was lost and loving my sin. He knows me now - when I am found by Him and hating my sin. For Him, there is no dividing line - for God is love. I want to let this affect me when I look at others, not knowing what side of the dividing line they are on - only knowing that they need my Savior also. ChriS

mrquademan said...

ChriS-
Thank you for your words! You are a blessing to us. May God use each of us to help the people in our lives cross that dividing line into His loving care!