Sunday, July 15, 2007

Matters of the Heart

Romans 2:25 – 3:8

 

I had a chemistry professor who stated on the first day of class that you could solve problems that you do not understand by applying certain principles and using one of his formulas.  I think he said this for the next 90 days and double for labs days.

 

This is one of those times when I need to “solve” these statements with my professor’s principles.  First, we need to list all the things text states.

…circumcision has value only if you observe the law.

…circumcision can be undone by not obeying the law.

…the uncircumcised will judge the circumcised because of obedience.

…Jews and circumcision are outward & physical signs.

…true Jews are those who have had their heart circumcised.

Where is that professor when I need him?

 

I wonder when my faith became more than a ritual? What caused me to fall back into ritualistic behavior?  Worse yet, what rituals am I doing that I am not aware of?

 

Through all of life, the solution to the statements of life is that God remains faithful. No matter if I loose sight of grace and operate by works, or operate totally by grace.  He is faithful.

 

Steve Louden

 

No comments: