Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Am I Living in Freedom?

Some of us find it helpful to read larger portions of Paul’s letter in one sitting in order to more fully grasp an overview of what he is sharing in the letter. 

You may want to give that a try.  Again in this letter (Galatians), even as he wrote in the 2nd letter to the church at Corinth, the Apostle Paul is in agony because people may have slipped back into their old sinful patterns of living.  Is there any way or ways in which I have done that too?  Is so, pause now to deal with them in prayerful concern.  Notice how Paul writes of the contrast of living in slavery vs. living in the freedom of the Lord Jesus!  Pause a moment to ask yourself this question: “Is my living more like being a slave to those things that pull me down rather than living like a person who has been set free from sin and evil?”  V. 13 – Paul had been ill at the time of his coming to them to share the Good News.  Do I ever use my lack of health (or any other such thing) to excuse me from doing what I know the Lord wants me to do?  Ask forgiveness. 

 

Donald E. Pardun

 

No comments: