Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Timothy 1:1-20

Good Day!

 

v15 “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-- of whom I am the worst.”

 

Oh good!  A Bible verse that talks about me.  Paul makes his famous claim as being the worst of sinners, although each of us who really know our own hearts and desires and motives can make the similar claim.  I find it interesting that Jesus didn’t come to save righteous people; they wouldn’t need any help.  Jesus is the great physician who performs His mighty work of healing on sick people, not healthy people.  When sin happens in my life, when difficult times happen in my life, it is so very good to remember this verse and to know that I have measured up to the standard God has set for me to receive His saving work in my life: I am a sinner.  I qualify for God’s grace! 

 

Not only is this a trustworthy saying, it deserves full acceptance.  Do I accept the fact that I am a sinner who cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ or come to Him?  Do I accept that Jesus is God who came down out of heaven and lived a perfect life in my place and in His death took the penalty and payment for my sins?  Do I accept that the main purpose of Jesus’ coming and the main purpose of His continued work today is not just to show us how to make the world a better place, but rather Jesus main purpose of coming into the world is to save sinners.

 

As we grow closer to our Savior and as His love and grace are poured out in our lives, we will believe, accept, and live this very trustworthy saying more and more.

 

Grace and Peace,

 

Pastor Adam

 

No comments: