Sunday, November 18, 2007

Showing Favoritism

As a student I worked behind the front desk in the library.  One evening a fellow student approached wearing a suit & tie.  I thought her comes a nice fellow.  He was rude, arrogant, and his speech was, well, less than gracious.  Moments later I was approached by another student who had long messy hair, sloppy clothing.  I thought her comes trouble.  He proved to be a very pleasant young man.  As he walked away the Spirit of God spoke to me.  I was judging by appearances, and it was wrong.

 

Although I was polite to both, my heart gave me away.  God’s love for both these young men was the same.  I was showing favoritism, I was the quinte essential hypocrite, and it was sin.  It is the same today.  Lord, give me the wisdom of heart to see others through your eyes.

Steve Louden

No comments: