Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Wednesday, January 3rd - Matthew 3:1-17

(Don’t overlook the “Footnotes” at the end of each chapter. They are helpful.”)

We need to consider those words in verse 8 “prove” & “give evidence”. That’s the key! I wonder if most of us would feel really “comfortable” having John the Baptist show up to preach some Sunday morning? He surely did “put it to them”, didn’t he? Yet, even if it would be “hard to take” – perhaps we really need to hear his message if it truly is from God. Verse 9 “that means nothing” (might that be said of too much of what I do and don’t do?) I like to visualize the scenes as I read: I can “see” Jesus there, talking with John the Baptist. You know, my goal should also be to “bring God great joy”. But do I - really?

Donald E. Pardun

No comments: