Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What Do I Need?

Oh, what a pointed question of Jesus: “What do you want ME to do for you?” 

“Lord, I’m quite sure that I’ve often cried out to You for help, and yet many times, I confess, I don’t even know what I need most from You? 

Maybe I’m asking for the wrong things too often.  Help me, Lord.”

I like the story of the preacher who invited folks to come to the altar and give their lives to the Lord.  Some folks came.  Among them one old man who was hardly able to walk.  Standing at the altar, he looked up into the pastor’s face, and he asked, “Pastor, can the Lord us me?”  And without a moment hesitation, the pastor took his crippled hand in his own and replied: “Brother, you’re just the one the Lord is looking for!”  The Lord wants to use ME, too.  And He will, if I let Him do so.

 

The Palm Sunday Story:  Lord, help me to see myself right now, standing in the midst of that huge crowd, and loudly shouting with the other folks those words from the Old Testament book of Psalms.  Welcome, Jesus!  Welcome into my life!

 

Donald E. Pardun

No comments: