Saturday, February 10, 2007

Where Am I?

Matthew 26:47-68

Where would I have been on this brutal day of suffering? Would I be among the disciples who “deserted him and fled”? Would I be with Peter, following safely “far behind” and then sitting on the sidelines, waiting “to see what was going to happen”? How would I respond, watching those who spit in His face and hit Him and shouted, “Guilty!”? Would I trust His silence? Would I be wishing for a miraculous deliverance, proving to everyone that He is Messiah?

Where am I on this bloody, brutal day of persecution and suffering for following Jesus? For what price would I sell out my Friend? Under what threat would I turn my back and pretend I never knew Him? At what point would I demand a miracle, a proof to me that He is the Messiah?

Lord Jesus, I want to say, "Never!" but I know my fainting heart...

No comments: