Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ephesians 4:1-16

 

GROW UP!  These words still sound familiar as I think back to my growing up years with my two brothers.  We were three very active boys who didn’t always get along.  As it often went, my younger brother and I would get into a disagreement and then my older brother would decide who was right and join his side.  Eventually, though, a funny thing happened, my older brother stopped being involved in the arguments.  A couple years later I didn’t really have as many arguments either, then eventually my youngest brother followed suit and we all grew up and proved every mother right because we are now great friends. 

 

Paul implores the church to do likewise.  GROW UP!  He urges us toward gentleness and patience with each other’s faults.  He calls us to unity even as there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all.  We are to use our God given gifts to build each other up.  When this doesn’t happen it is evidence of a person’s spiritual immaturity.  Yet our calling is still gentleness and patience toward these people.

 

Part of the maturing process seems to include study and knowledge of God’s Word.  The more we are exposed to the Truth the more we will “speak the truth in love” or literally, “truthing in love”.  This love is more than just words, it is our actions as well.

 

Praise God for the gift of love and unity He is giving to the Church.  We eagerly await the day when this unity will reach perfection in heaven.

 

Grace and Peace,

 

Pastor Adam


 

No comments: